Why Choose CEEQUAL?
CEEQUAL is the sustainability assessment tool of choice for industry professionals. With over a decade of operational experience, CEEQUAL can be used for the assessment of all types of civil engineering, infrastructure, landscaping and public realm projects and contracts. Unlike decision-support tools, it uniquely uses rigorous evidence-based assessment criteria, and external verification, to provide a result that can be made public and used in publicity. In addition, integration of the question set in the development of projects and contracts can very positively influence design and construction management and often leads to significantly better outcomes than would otherwise have been the case.
NETWORK OF PROFESSIONAL EXPERTS
SUSTAINABILITY MEASUREMENT & BENCHMARKING
INDEPENDENT CERTIFICATION MARK
Benefits of using CEEQUAL
Award recipients report a range of benefits from using CEEQUAL as a driver for improvement and having their work assessed.
- Significant improvements to your projects and contracts through adoption of best practice including whole-life costing, waste minimisation, resource efficiency (materials, water, energy), responses to predicted climate change effects, as well as project management and reduction of complaints and environmental incidents.
- Reputation-building and good PR including verified demonstration of delivery of your environmental, sustainability and/or corporate social responsibility policies.
- Cost savings through CEEQUAL’s influencing role. Projects have reported savings ranging from £30,000 on waste minimisation to £5 million (3.3% of total project cost) saved through design changes and alternative materials.
- Demonstrating your commitment to the sustainability agenda, and providing public recognition of your work to clients, to the industry as a whole, and/or to stakeholders and the general public.
- Enhanced team spirit through CEEQUAL’s recognition of teams that have “gone the extra mile” and, because using CEEQUAL provides encouragement and a target for your project and contract team to deliver high performance, it helps to develop a positive performance attitude.
- Award presentations celebrating high performance and reinforcing team spirit.
Below is a number of testimonials from industry experts and users of CEEQUAL:
Sir John Armitt CBE (Chairman of the 2012 Olympic Delivery Authority)
“It is very good for the industry and profession to have challenging tools like CEEQUAL available to us to test out and measure our performance. I want to thank CEEQUAL for all its work in developing the assessment scheme for the use and benefit of civil engineering and society.”
Nigel Sagar (Senior Sustainability Manager, Skanska)
“CEEQUAL not only covers environmental aspects, but broadens out into the wider sustainability agenda. The whole project team develops a good team ethos and makes you more competitive between contracts.”
Mike de Silva (Sustainability Manager, Crossrail)
“Using CEEQUAL has been instrumental in driving performance forward and sets the bar for other contractors we used to follow. CEEQUAL is now a mature tool and Version 5 raises that bar even higher.”
Ann Cousins (Sustainability Consultant, Arup)
“CEEQUAL ensured that sustainability was an important design consideration from the outset. Design decisions took into account sustainability outcomes, and additional sustainability opportunities were sought and considered at key points.”
Learn more by downloading our one-page document describing the benefits of CEEQUAL for clients, designers, and contractors (PDF, 330 KB).
Who Can Benefit From CEEQUAL?
A wide range of professionals who work on civil engineering projects can benefit by using CEEQUAL. Find out who CEEQUAL is suitable for, what project types it can be used on, and how it can prove to be beneficial by reading who can use CEEQUAL.