Twenty-two projects have made it on to the shortlist for the upcoming 2016 Outstanding Achievement Awards after a record number of nominations were received for the awards.
The CEEQUAL Outstanding Achievement Awards recognise and celebrate projects that demonstrate pinnacle best-practice performance in a particular area of a CEEQUAL assessment, irrespective of the total score or CEEQUAL Award achieved. They highlight some of the top sustainability achievements by civil engineering project teams in recent years.
A record number of nominations were received for this year’s awards, with nominations coming from an array of projects inside and outside of the UK.
The winners will be announced at a prestigious awards dinner and ceremony at the Institution of Civil Engineers, One Great George Street in London on Monday 28th November.
- A32 Cherrymount Link Project
- Athea Wind Farm
- Ballygawley Water Flood Alleviation Scheme
- Colwyn Bay: Phase 1b – Promenade Enhancement Scheme
- Crossrail: Thames Tunnel
- Crossrail: Western Running Tunnels, plus Bond Street and Tottenham Court Road Station Tunnels
- Doncaster Southern Gateway: White Rose Way Improvement Scheme
- Grey to Green (Phase 1)
- Harbour Way Project
- Huyton & Roby Capacity Scheme
- Loughor Viaduct Replacement
- Lower Todmorden Flood Alleviation Scheme (Phase 3)
- Luke’s Point Wastewater Pumping Station
- Meadowhead & Stevenston UID Scheme – Work Package 6
- OASIS Project
- Old Swan Household Waste Recycling Centre
- Ravenhead Household Waste Recycling Centre
- Spårväg City Line 7 Accessibility Upgrade – Part 1
- St Peter’s Square Public Realm
- Thameslink Programme: Borough Viaduct
- Truro Eastern Park and Ride
- West Truro Retail Park
Awards are available in up to 16 categories covering every possible area of a CEEQUAL assessment.
- Project/Contract Strategy (Version 5 only)
- Project/Contract Management
- Effects on Neighbours
- Community & Stakeholder Relations
- Land Use
- Landscape (Rural, Townscape, Seascape)
- Flood Risk
- Restoration of Contaminated Land
- Ecology & Biodiversity
- Historic Environment
- Water Environment (Fresh & Marine)
- Water Resources
- Energy & Carbon
- Material Use
- Waste Management
The award winners will be decided by a panel of expert, independent judges. Awards will only be made where the judges believe that pinnacle best practice has been achieved – this is what makes the Outstanding Achievement Awards truly unique and special.
The judges for the 2016 Outstanding Achievement Awards are:
The 2016 Outstanding Achievement Award winners will be announced at a prestigious awards dinner and ceremony at the Institution of Civil Engineers, One Great George Street in London on Monday 28th November.
Attend the awards
To book a place at the awards dinner and ceremony please download, complete, and return a booking form (PDF, 239 KB). A limited number of places for the evening are available to book now.