CEEQUAL Good – Construction Only Award
Version 5, Mar 2015 | Runcorn, England
Assessor: Jeff Wood
The works comprise of the design and the construction of a new highway and flood mitigation works at Sandymoor North (a mixed development site situated on the eastern edge of the Cheshire town of Runcorn) to unlock future residential development sites, and to enable the delivery of Sandymoor Free School. The key aspects of the work include:
- Detailed design and construction of a new highway taking into consideration the vertical and horizontal alignment of any future extension over Keckwick Brook.
- New surface and foul water drainage and main services including gas, water, electricity and communications where required to confirm points of connections for future development from the relevant Utility providers.
- Design and installation of all necessary street lighting and street furniture and soft landscape areas as per the outline design.
- Design and construction of re-alignment and configuration works to the existing highway junctions on site, to include diversions and/or reinforcement of any existing services.
- Developed a suitable design method for dealing with the flood mitigation areas located on site, and implementing the flood mitigation works by constructing the new flood storage basin.